As soon as the summer starts, people start looking for cool places to visit during the summer vacation. If you are also planning to go to such a place to get rid of the heat, then there are many best places to visit in summer in India with family where you can enjoy your summer vacation this time.
In this blog, you will get to know about those cool places in India where you can go in your upcoming summer vacation and enjoy yourself with your family or loved ones. Let’s start with those beautiful places in India.
Places to Visit in Summer in India With Friends and Family
Let’s find out which places would be the best to spend a fun-filled summer vacation. Some of these places, you might have roamed, but some places are here, where you can plan to go this time with your family or loved ones.
Sikkim, one of the popular places to visit in Summer in India with friends, is famous for its several attractions like plants, rivers, mountains, lakes, and waterfalls. It is also considered among the top holiday destinations in India. There are a number of things to do in Sikkim which make this place a perfect one for vacations. If you are a nature lover, then this place will be the best option for you to spend summer vacation. You can enjoy here with your family or loved ones.
Things to do in Sikkim
- Yak Ride
- Helicopter Ride
- Gondola Ride
- Hang Gliding
- A Visit to Zero Point
- A Trip to Bakthang Waterfall
- Mountain Biking
- River Rafting
- Enjoy Night Life
How to Reach Sikkim
- Pakyong Airport is the Nearest Airport to Sikkim (35km From Gangtok)
- The nearest Railway Station is New Jalpaiguri Junction (7 km from Siliguri and 130 km from Gangtok)
Read More “Sikkim Tourist Places“
Shimla is considered to be one of the best holiday destinations in India and is also called as “Queen of Hill Stations”. It is situated at an altitude of about 2400 meters above sea level. Therefore, even in summer, the temperature of Shimla remains between 15 and 30 degrees.
The beauty and weather of Shimla attract a large number of tourists every year. Here you can enjoy many things such as shopping, food, trekking, water rafting, etc. If you are searching for the best places to visit in summer in north India, then Shimla is the place where you should go.
Things to do in Shimla
- You can enjoy the journey in Toy Train which comes from Kalka to Shimla
- If you are fond of food and shopping, do not forget to go to Mall Road and Lakkar Bazar
- Trek to the Jakhu temple
- You can also use the ropeway to reach Jakhu Temple, which will be quite exciting
- You can visit the beautiful Christ Church near the Ridge Shimla
- Enjoy sunrise and sunset view at scandal point
- You can visit Tattapani and can enjoy river rafting over there.
- You can go to Kufri to enjoy skiing and ice skating.
- Do not forget to take a family photo in Traditional Attire
How to Reach Shimla
- Going to Shimla by Toy Train is the most exciting way but it is a little time consuming
- You can easily get a bus from any major city to Shimla.
- You can reach there by flight as well. The nearest airport is Chandigarh, which is 115 km from Shimla.
Read More “Places to Visit in Shimla“
Manali is one of the most beautiful places in India to visit in summer. Here you get to do everything that thrills you, like camping, trekking, paragliding, river rafting, zorbing, skiing, ice skating, and much more. That’s the reason Manali is considered to be one of the best places to visit in summer in north India.
Things to do in Manali
- Visit Hadimba Temple (Best place for Manali Sightseeing)
- Be the part of adventure sports at Solang Valley (Skiing, Ice Skating, Ropeway Ride)
- Visit Rohtang Pass to enjoy snow
- Enjoy river rafting in the Beas River
- You can enjoy short trips to Manikaran Gurudwara, Arjun Gufa, Jogini Falls, Bhrigu Lake
- Shopping at Mall Road
- Must visit old Manali once (if you have much time)
- Enjoy trekking at Bhrigu Lake
- Explore wildlife sanctuary
- Bijli Mahadev Temple Trekking
- Jogini Waterfall Trekking
How to Reach Manali
- It would be best to go by bus or cab.
- The nearest airport is 50 km away from Manali (Bhuntar Airport)
- The nearest Railway Station is 350 km away from Manali (Chandigarh)
Read More “Places to Visit in Manali“
Darjeeling is a beautiful hill station and also one of the best places to visit in summer for couples. It is located in West Bengal at a height of 2134 meters above sea level. Several monasteries and beautiful peaks of the Himalayas around the city make it more attractive. Darjeeling is not only famous for its tea gardens but also famous for its attractive beauty. To see this beauty a number of tourists come here every year.
Things to do in Darjeeling
- River Rafting
- Toy Train Ride
- Rock Climbing
- Explore Wildlife
- Enjoy Sunrise View at Tiger Hill
- Explore the Tea Gardens
How to Reach Darjeeling
- The nearest airport is Bagdogra International Airport (88 km away from Darjeeling)
- New Jalpaiguri Junction is Nearest Railway Station (88 km away from Darjeeling)
Read More “Places to Visit in Darjeeling“
Considered the coolest place in India during summer. The fragrance of cedar trees can be felt in the cool and fresh air here.
Auli is India’s well-known skiing destination. If you want, you can learn skiing here as well. Its beauty and snow-capped peaks make this place one of the best cold places to visit in summer in India.
Things to do in Auli
- Spend some time at Auli artificial lake and enjoy sunset view with your loved ones
- Visit Nanda Devi National Park
- Enjoy India’s 2nd longest Ropeway Ride (Clifftop to Joshimath)
- Camping in Auli
- Visit Trishul Peak
- A Walk at Chenab Lake
- Shop at the local market
- Trek to Chattrakund Lake
How to Reach Auli
- Nearest Airport – Jolly Grant (280 km away)
- Nearest Railway Station – Rishikesh (285 km away)
- Road Trip via cab or bus
Read More “Places to Visit in Auli“
Munnar, one of the best places to visit in summer in south India and family. This place is considered an ideal place for trekking and mountain biking. And there are other things as well that you can enjoy such as pleasant weather, tea plantation fields, heart-winning scenery.
If you are planning to go for a trip this summer, then Munnar could be a good option and one of the best places to visit in India in May.
Things to do in Munnar
- Enjoy staying in the treehouse
- A trip to Echo Point
- Explore the beauty of Lakkam Waterfalls
- Eravikulam National Park safari tour
- Shikara Ride (Kundala Lake)
- Mountain Biking
- Elephant Safari (Carmelagiri elephant park)
- Visit Wonder Valley Amusement Park
- Rock Climbing
- Chokramudi trek
- Enjoy at Dreamland Adventure Park
- Trek to Attukal Waterfalls
- Enjoy street shopping
How to Reach Munnar
- The nearest airport is Kochi (110 km away)
- The nearest Railway Station is Aluva (100 km away)
Read More “Munnar Tourist Places“
Ooty, one of the beautiful places to visit in summer in India with family, is located in Tamil Nadu. If you are planning for a trip to Ooty, then let us tell you there several popular places to visit in Ooty, which you can add to your itinerary. To visit these amazing places, tourists come here not only from the country but abroad as well. You have to keep in mind while planning for the Ooty trip is that Ooty is colder than the rest of South India, so it’s better you should come here in some warm clothes.
Things to do in Ooty
- Toy Train Ride
- A Visit to Deer Park
- Boating in Ooty Lake
- A Trip to Pine Forest
- Enjoy the View at Dolphin’s Nose
- Trekking to Kalhatti Falls
- Play Golf
How to Reach Ooty
- Coimbatore Airport is the Nearest Airport to Ooty (85 km away from Ooty)
- The nearest Railway Station is Mettupalayam (40 km away from Ooty)
Read more “Ooty Tourist Places“
Mahabaleshwar is one of the famous places to visit in summer in Maharashtra, situated near Maharashtra. Mahabaleshwar’s strawberry farms, romantic weather, attractive waterfalls are the favorite places for every tourist to spend a relaxing day.
By the way, let me tell you that Mahabaleshwar is very famous for his Mulberries, Raspberries, and Gooseberries. Apart from this, there are also ancient temples here, which attract tourists.
Mahabaleshwar’s tourist point is quite different from other hill station’s tourist points, which plays a pivotal role in making Mahabaleshwar one of the best places to visit in summer in India with friends.
Things to do in Mahabaleshwar
- Enjoy sunrise and sunset view at Wilson Point (highest peak point of Mahabaleshwar)
- Enjoy Boating and Fishing at Venna Lake
- Don’t forget to visit the most popular Arthur Point, also known as “queen of points”.
- Don’t forget to see the historical fort of Pratapgarh, which was built by Shivaji Maharaj.
- Visit Bombay Point for a perfect sunset view
- Visit Strawberry Farms
How to Reach Mahabaleshwar
- The nearest airport is Pune (130 km away)
- The nearest Railway Station is Wathar (60 km away)
- Distance from Mumbai vis road is 230 km
- Distance from Pune via road is 120 km
Read More “Places to visit in Mahabaleshwar“
A perfect place to spend your summer vacation. Surrounded by lakes and high peaks from all sides, this place is nothing less than a paradise. Thousands of tourists from all over the world come here every year. Spiti is considered one of the top 5 places to visit in summer in north India.
Things to do in Spiti
- River rafting in Spiti spin river
- Enjoy a wildlife tour to pin valley national park
- Be the part of Spiti Valley Trek
- Shop at Kaza’s Main Market
- A trip to Mummy Village (Gue), Gete Village, Kibber Village.
- Visit different Monasteries like Key Monastery, Tabo Monastery, Gandhola Monastery, Lhalung Monastery.
How to Reach Spiti Valley
- The nearest airport is 125 km away (Pantnagar)
- The nearest Railway Station is Kathgodam (81 km away)
- Via road Delhi to Almora (408 km away)
If you are planning to visit a cool place during this summer vacation, then Kasauli is one of the cold places to visit in summer in India, where you must go once. At this place, you can enjoy a toy train ride, cable car (Ropeway), trekking on the hills, and long drives.
Things to do in Kasauli
- Trek up to Manki, Jabali, and Sunset Point
- Toy train ride (Dharampur to Barog)
- Explore one of the beautiful and famous places of Kasoli called “Gilbert Trail”
- Enjoy Cable Car Ride at Timber Trail
- Shop at Tibetan Market
- Try Tibetan Food
- Enjoy at Rooftop Bar (Hangout Bar)
- A visit to Monkey Point
- Explore the Gurkha Fort
How to Reach Kasauli
- The nearest airport is Chandigarh (70 km away)
- The nearest Railway Station is Kalka (25 km away)
- By road from Delhi to Kasauli (6-hour journey)
Read More “Places to Visit in Kasauli“
We also know this place by the name of “Lake City”. Every year millions of tourists come to see the beauty of this place. Nainital is different from other hill stations as it does not have one mall road like every hill station here but two mall roads i.e., upper mall road and lower mall road.
At the time of British rule, the upper mall road was built for the Britishers only, where the Indians were not allowed to go. Apart from this, there are beautiful lakes, and one sunset point here, which make this place one of the best places to visit in summer in India.
Things to do in Nainital
- Boating in Naini Lake
- Trip to Tiffin Top (Be the witness of amazing sunrise and sunset view)
- Shop at Tibetan Market
- Watch sunset view at Hanuman Garhi
- Enjoy Ropeway Ride
- A trip to Jim Corbet (For Wildlife lovers)
- Enjoy Flying Fox activity (From Bara Pathar)
- River Rafting (2 days activity started from Kathgodam)
- Do visit Naina Devi
- Horse Riding (at Tiffin Top)
- A visit to Nainital Zoo
- Rock Climbing
- A visit to Cave Garden (Sukhatal)
How to Reach Nainital
- The nearest airport is Pantnagar (60 km away)
- Nearest Railway Station Kathgodam (20 km away)
- Road Trip (Distance between Delhi to Nanital 300 km)
Read More “Places to Visit in Nainital“
Ranikhet, one of the best places to visit in India in May. If you want to go to a hill station this summer vacation, that can fit your budget, then you can go to Ranikhet. There is a golf course here, which is considered to be the best golf course in India.
There are also many beautiful and famous temples here, which add to the beauty of this place and make this place one of the most beautiful places in India.
Things to do in Ranikhet
- A trip to famous Temples (Haidakhan Temple, Jhula Devi Temple, Mankameshwar Temple, Dunagiri Temple, Ram Mandir Ranikhet, Upat Kalika Temple, Katarmal Sun Temple)
- A visit to Chaubatia Gardens
- A trip to India’s Best Golf Course (Upat Golf Course)
- Visit Tarikhet Village
- Visit Dwarahat
- Fun at Ashiyana Park
How to Reach Ranikhet
- The nearest airport is Pantnagar (110 km away)
- The nearest Railway Station is Kathgodam (75 km away)
- Road Trip (Distance from Delhi is 355 km)
There are many such beautiful places to visit in Uttarakhand, which we may not have known about. Mukteshwar is one of them. If you live in Delhi, then this place is one of the best places to visit in summer in India with friends or family on weekends. It is only 350 km from Delhi.
Things to do in Mukteshwar
- Enjoy panoramic view Himalayan Peaks from Sitla
- Be the part of an adventure trip to Chauli ki Jali
- Visit Bhalu Gaad Waterfalls
- Mukteshwar Temple visit
- Visit Nanda Devi Peak
- Trekking, Paragliding, and Rock Climbing for Adventure Lovers
How to Reach Mukteshwar
- The nearest airport is Pantnagar (100 km away)
- The nearest Railway Station is Kathgodam (73 km away)
Kodaikanal, which is located in Tamil Nadu, is one of the most beautiful places in India. The climate of this place, fog-covered mountains, Valleys, beautiful lakes are well enough to attract tourists. Situated at the height of 7200 feet, Kodaikanal is a perfect example of beauty. Must add this place among the best places to visit in summer in south India, while planning for a trip to south India.
Things to do in Kodaikanal
- Boating in Kodaikanal Lake
- Explore Guna Cave
- Explore Pine Forest
- Trek to Echo Point
- A Visit to Kurinji Andavar Temple
- A Visit to Caps Fly Valley
- Night Safari
How to Reach Kodaikanal
- The nearest airport is Madurai International Airport (79 km from Kodaikanal)
- The nearest Railway Station is Kodai Road (100 km from Kodaikanal Mountain)
Read More “Kodaikanal Tourist Places“
One of the best places to visit in summer in India with friends. If you like high hills and you are a nature lover as well, then Panchgani is the place you think. Green valleys, a peaceful atmosphere, and strawberries are considered the major attraction of the Panchgani hills.
You can choose this place as one of the best holiday destinations in India, for your coming summer holiday.
Things to do in Panchgani
- Explore Kate’s Point
- Revitalize yourself at Sydney Point
- Enjoy the view of Green Valley from Parsi Point
- Visit Rajpuri Caves
- Boating at Dhom Dham
- Make your day by visit Lingmala Falls
- Visit Pratapgarh Fort
- A trip to Kamalgarh Fort
- Spend some moment at Bhilar Falls and feel its beauty
- A trip to Wilson Point
How to Reach Panchgani
- The nearest airport is Pune (110 km away)
- The nearest Railway Station is Wathar (45 km away)
A beautiful hill station situated in the state of Karnataka is famous for its attractive litigants and tourist spots. This place is no less than a paradise for nature lovers and that is why this place is also called “Scotland of India”.
You must go here and believe it after visiting here once, you will definitely visit again. No doubt, this place is among the most beautiful places in India and it would not be wrong to say that this place is the coolest place in India.
Things to do in Coorg
- River Rafting at Dubare River and Barapole River
- Visit Raja Seat Point for amazing scenery
- A trip to Iruppu Falls
- Microlight Flying (Starts from Ponnampet)
- Waterfall Rappelling
- Night Mountain Drive
How to Reach Coorg
- The nearest airport is Mangalore (160 km away)
- The nearest Railway Station is Mysore (95 km away)
Read More “Places to visit in Coorg“
Dharamshala is one of the popular places to visit in summer in India with family, which is located at a distance of 8 km from Kangra. This beautiful city is divided into two divisions i.e., Lower Dharamshala and Upper Dharamshala. The lower Dharamshala is the main town, and the upper one is called McLeodGanj.
Things to do in Dharamshala
- Trekking at Triund
- A Visit to Kangra Valley
- A Visit to Kangra Fort
- Dal Lake Trip
- A Visit to Jwala Devi Temple
- Bhagsu Waterfall Visit
- Explore Gea Gardens
Places to Visit in Dharamshala
- The nearest airport is Kangra Gaggal Airport (13 km away from Dharamshala)
- The nearest Railway Station is Pathankot (87 km away from Dharamshala)
- Delhi to Dharamshala distance is 520 km
Read More “Places to visit in Dharamshala“
Situated 35 km away from Dehradun, is also called the “Queen of Hills” and this place is one of the best places to visit in summer in north India, for those who love to travel mountains. If you live in Delhi or Uttar Pradesh, then this place is the best place to spend your summer vacation.
Things to do in Mussoorie
- Boating at Mussoorie Lake
- Walk at Camel Back Road (Starts from Library Point)
- Visit Kempty Falls
- Stroll at Mall Road
- Visit at Mossy Falls
- Shop at Sisters Bazaar
- Be a part of Adventure sports at Mussoorie Adventure Park
- Dance on Skats at Disco Skating Rink
- Visit Dhanaulti
- Picnic at Jharipani Falls
- Visit Cloud End View Point
- Bhatta Falls Visit
How to Reach Mussoorie
- The nearest airport is Jollygrant (60 km away)
- The nearest Railway Station is Dehradun (35 km away)
- Road Trip: From Delhi to Mussoorie (291 km)
Read More “Places to visit in Mussoorie“